This is the 2017 Dudley Hewitt Cup tournament. The event is being held May 2 to 6, 2017. The tournament will be held at the Duncan McDonald Memorial Community Gardens in Trenton, Ontario hosted by the Trenton Golden Hawks of the Ontario Junior Hockey League. The tournament serves as the central region qualifying tournament for the 2017 Royal Bank Cup which is being held in Cobourg, Ontario. If the Cobourg Cougars win this tournament the runners-up will also qualify for the Royal Bank Cup as the Central representative.
The William T. Ruddock Trophy is awarded to the winner of the round robin game between the winner of the round robin game between the Ontario Junior Hockey League and Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League champions. This game doubles as the championship of the Ontario Hockey Federation.
The three leagues that play at the junior A level under the Ontario Hockey Association jurisdiction rotate hosting duties between each league. The awarding of the bid was announced on January 31, 2016.
- Host: Trenton Golden Hawks
- Ontario Junior Hockey League representative: Georgetown Raiders
- Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League champion: Powassan Voodoos
- Superior International Junior Hockey League champion: Dryden Ice Dogs
note: as the Trenton Golden Hawks qualified for the OJHL championship final, the other finalist in the OJHL playoffs qualify for the tournament as league representative.
- Dryden Ice Dogs vs Georgetown Raiders
- Powassan Voodoos vs Trenton Golden Hawks
- Powassan Voodoos vs Dryden Ice Dogs
- Trenton Golden Hawks vs Georgetown Raiders
- Georgetown Raiders vs Powassan Voodoos
- Dryden Ice Dogs vs Trenton Golden Hawks
- 2nd place vs 3rd place
- 1st place vs semifinal winner