Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The 2017 Allan Cup Tournament was awarded to Bouctouche, New Brunswick on February 3, 2016. The Tournament is the men's senior AAA championship of Canada. The tournament will be held at the JK Irving Centre and will be hosted by the Bouctouche JCs. The tournament will be held April 10-15, 2017.
Twenty teams are eligible for the championship.
- The Boutouche JCs qualify as host
- The 2016 Herder Memorial Trophy champion Grand Falls-Windsor Cataracts qualify for the tournament as Atlantic Region representative
- Three other members of the North East Senior Hockey League have declared as Senior AAA. The Elsipogtog Hawks, Lameque Au Ptit Mousse and the Restigouche North Vikings. The NESHL champion (or runner-up if Bouctouche wins the league playoffs) becomes the provincial champion and advances to the Allan Cup in the Quebec spot.
Quebec (Eastern Region)Edit
- No team has declared their intention to participate at this level. Traditionally the spot would be awarded to a team in the host branch.
Ontario (Central Region)Edit
- All six of the team that are declared Senior AAA in the province are members of Allan Cup Hockey and the Ontario Hockey Federation, which negates the need for additional rounds of qualifying with any other teams in Eastern Ontario and then with Hockey Northwestern Ontario. So the winner of the Allan Cup Hockey playoffs qualifies for the tournament as the Ontario (Central Region) representative and as defacto Renwick Cup champions
Manitoba-Saskatchewan (Western Region)Edit
- Two teams have declared Senior AAA in Manitoba, the South East Prairie Thunder and the Ile des Chênes North Stars. The winner of a best-of-three series to be held between the two teams will advance to play the Rosetown Red Wings in Rathgaber Cup for the regional championship and spot in the Allan Cup.
- One team has declared Senior AAA in Saskatchewan, the Rosetown Red Wings. The Red Wings are part of the Alberta based Chinook Hockey League for the 2016-17 season. They will not participate in the league playoffs in the spring and will represent Saskatchewan in the Rathgaber Cup series with the Manitoba provincial champion for the regional championship and spot in the Allan Cup.
Alberta-British Columbia (Pacific Region)Edit
- Four of the five members of the Chinook Hockey League are the only declared Senior AAA teams in the province. The fifth team is the Rosetown Red Wings and they are not participating in the league playoffs. The playoff champion will advance to the McKenzie Cup series with the British Columbia provincial champion for the regional championship and spot in the Allan Cup.
- Two team have declared Senior AAA in British Columbia, The Powell River Regals and the newly formed West Coast Heat. The two teams will meet in a series to determine the provincial (Savage Cup) champion and representative and who advances to meet the Alberta champion for the McKenzie Cup for the regional championship and spot in the Allan Cup.
*The winner of the McKenzie Cup qualifies for the Allan Cup as Pacific region representative