On March 18, 2017, the Lockport Express announced they would be relocating to the Hyde Park Ice Pavilion in Niagara Falls, New York for the 2017-18 season. The release stated that the organization would also be developing lower level teams along with the ownership of the new arena. The release stated that it was strictly a business decision and that there were no issues with the city or arena in Lockport. The team was renamed the Niagara Falls PowerHawks on April 6th.
It was announced in April 2017, that the West Michigan Wolves were relocating to the The Summit Sports and Ice Complex in Dimondale, Michigan just outside of Lansing, Michigan and would be renamed the Lansing Wolves.
On April 26, 2017, it was announced that the league had approved the sale and relocation of the Chicago Jr. Bulldogs to Wausau, Wisconsin for the 2017-18 season. The team was renamed the Wausau RiverWolves and will be based out of the Marathon County Arena in Wausau. The new owners are also the owners of the New Ulm Steel.
On May 4, 2017, the sale of the Lewiston/Auburn Fighting Spirit was announced. The team was renamed the Lewiston/Auburn Nordiques as an homage to the former Maine Nordiques who played in the North American Hockey League (1973-1977) out of the same arena.
On, May 24, 2017 the Syracuse Stampede announced they were relocating to Oswego, New York and would be renamed the Oswego Stampede. The team will be based out of the Anthony J Crisafulli Arena in Oswego.
On May 26, 2017, the league announced the sale and relocation of the Glacier Nationals from Havre, Montana to Butte, Montana where they will be known as the Butte Cobras based out of the Butte Community Ice Center. The Butte Amateur Hockey Association (BAHA) were the new owners of the team. The BAHA had recently been given ownership of the Butte Cobras franchise that has played in the Western States Hockey League (WSHL) since the 2014-15 season. The WSHL team is being moved to the NA3HL with the acquired franchise rights from the Glacier Nationals.
In mid-November the Nashville Jr. Predators had apparently folded. However, the league has tried to obtain new ownership to run the team to save the franchise and cancelled several of the team's games during November. By the time that Jersey Shore is removed from the league Nashville is not listed on the league website anymore.
|Fold during season|
|Dayton Falcons||Dayton, Ohio||South Metro Sports|
|Jersey Shore Wildcats||Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey||Jersey Shore Arena|
|Nashville Jr. Predators||Nashville, Tennessee||Ford Ice Center|
|North Iowa Bulls||47||39||4||2||2||304||92||82|
|La Crosse Freeze||47||34||12||1||0||240||124||69|
|Rochester Ice Hawks||47||6||39||2||0||93||328||14|
|Southern Tier Xpress||47||23||24||0||0||162||164||46|
|Great Falls Americans||47||34||11||2||0||195||107||70|
|St. Louis Jr. Blues||47||38||9||0||0||280||117||76|
|Evansville Jr. Thunderbolts||47||8||38||1||0||110||309||17|
|Nashville Jr. Predators||8||1||6||1||0||18||46||3|
Dayton folded after forfeiting October 15th game; which is included in above stats.
|Mid-Cities Jr. Stars||47||30||16||1||0||192||117||61|
|Point Mallard Ducks||47||24||22||0||1||202||153||49|
|College Station Spirit||47||2||45||0||0||42||334||4|
|Granite City Lumberjacks||47||33||14||0||0||225||107||66|
|New Ulm Steel||47||30||11||4||2||204||133||66|
|Breezy Point North Stars||47||15||30||2||0||142||239||32|
|New England Stars||47||36||9||2||0||185||97||74|
|Cape Cod Islanders||46||12||32||1||1||124||207||26|
|Long Beach Sharks||46||6||39||1||0||93||298||13|
|Binghamton Jr Senators||47||31||3||0||3||364||67||85|
|Niagara Falls PowerHawks||47||25||19||1||2||199||180||53|
|Roc City Royals||47||6||40||1||0||120||350||13|
With the exception of the Midwest Division the top four teams qualify for the playoffs. The Midwest Division was down to three teams by the start of the playoffs so all three qualified with the first place team earning a by to the division final.
- Pittsburgh Vengeance defeated Lansing Wolves 2 games to none
- Metro Jets defeated Southern Tier Xpress 2 games to none
- Yellowstone Quake defeated Gillette Wild 2 games to none
- Helena Bighorns defeated Great Falls Americans 2 games to none
- Niagara Falls PowerHawks defeated Skylands Kings 2 games to none
- Binghamton Jr. Senators defeated Oswego Stampede 2 games to none
- Mid-Cities Jr. Stars defeated Atlanta Capitals 2 games to none
- Granite City Lumberjacks defeated Willmar WarHawks 2 games to none
- North Iowa Bulls defeated Wausau RiverWolves 2 games to none
- La Crosse Freeze defeated Wisconsin Whalers 2 games to none
- Lewiston/Auburn Nordiques defeated Northeast Generals 2 games to 1
- Peoria Mustangs defeated Evansville Jr. Thunderbolts 2 games to 0
- New England Stars defeated Maine Wild 2 games to none
- New Ulm Steel defeated Alexandria Blizzard 2 games to 1
- Texas Brahmas defeated Texas Brahmas 2 games to 1
- ↑ https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-death-pool-special-report-na3hls-butte-cobras-killed/
- ↑ https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-death-pool-special-report-na3hls-billings-bulls-shot-in-the-head/
- ↑ https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-death-pool-special-report-na3hls-cincinnati-thunder-become-dayton-falcons-in-unpublicised-move/
- ↑ https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-death-pool-special-report-na3hls-dayton-falcons-are-dead/
- ↑ https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-death-pool-special-report-na3hls-nashville-jr-predators-shot-in-the-head/
- ↑ https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-na3hl-desperate-times-call-for-desperate-measures/
- ↑ https://thejuniorhockeynews.com/the-death-pool-special-report-na3hl-loses-jersey-shore-willdcats/