This is the 2016 NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Tournament.
Eight teams will participate in the 2016 tournament. Five of the bids are automatic and three are at-large bids. Selections for the tournament were announced on March 7, 2016.
- Jodi McKenna (Wesleyan Cardinals head coach (chair))
- Katie Boldvich (Colonial Hockey Conference and New England Hockey Conference commissioner)
- Brad Marshall (Saint Catherine Wildcats head coach)
- Jackie Slaats (Lake Forest AD)
- Gil Burmaster (Utica SID)
The following conference tournament winners receive automatic bids to the tournament:
- ECAC West Plattsburgh Cardinals
- Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) St Thomas Tommies
- New England Hockey Conference (NEHC) Mass-Boston Beacons
- New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) Middlebury Panthers
- Northern Collegiate Hockey Association (NCHA) Adrian Bulldogs
The tournament committee will also award 3 at-large bids
Games held March 11th and 12 on campus sites.
- Plattsburgh Cardinals defeated Amherst Lord Jeffs 5-0
- Middlebury Panthers defeated Mass-Boston Beacons 4-0
- Elmira Soaring Eagles defeated Adrian Bulldogs 3-1
- Wisconsin-River Falls Falcons defeated St. Thomas Tommies 4-1
Games held March 18th at Plattsburgh, New York
- Elmira Soaring Eagles defeated Wisconsin-River Falls Falcons 4-3 (ot)
- Middlebury Panthers defeated Plattsburgh Cardinals 5-3
National Championship GameEdit
Game held March 19th at Plattsburgh, New York