Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the 2016 NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Tournament. The bids were announced on March 7th, 2016.
Eleven teams qualify for the single elimination tournament with 7 bids going to conference champions, one spot going to one of the two conferences that are not guaranteed a tournament berth, and 3 at-large spots being awarded. Six teams participate in the first round with 5 getting byes. The first and quarterfinal rounds are held at campus sites on March 12th and 19th. The semifinal and final rounds were held at the Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, New York March 25th and 26th, 2016.
- Don W. Olson (St. Scholastica AD) (chair)
- Tom DiCamillo (SUNYAC Commissioner)
- Bill Kangas (Williams head coach)
- Dan Stauber (Wisconsin-Superior head coach)
The following seven conference tournament champions:
- ECAC Northeast: Salve Regina Seahawks
- Massachusetts State College Athletic Conference (MASCAC) Salem State Vikings
- Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC) Augsburg Auggies
- New England Hockey Conference (NEHC) Mass-Boston Beacons
- Northern Collegiate Hockey Association (NCHA) Adrian Bulldogs
- New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) Trinity Bantams
- State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Geneseo Ice Knights
one of the following:
- ECAC West (Hobart Statesmen) or Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) (Wisconsin-Stevens Point Pointers) tournament champion. These are the only two conference's at the Divsion III level that do not have enough teams to qualify for an automatic bid. Both teams ended up getting bids to the tournament.
Three institutions from automatic-qualifying conferences that are not their conference champions, and the remaining teams in Pool B
- Hobart Statesmen and/or Wisconsin-Stevens Point Pointers (see above)
- St. Norbert Green Knights
- Williams Ephs
- Mass-Boston Beacons defeated Trinity Bantams 4-0
- Geneseo Ice Knights defeated Salve Regina Seahawks 7-1
- Williams Ephs defeated Salem State Vikings 7-1
Games scheduled for March 19th at campus sites
- Wisconsin-Stevens Point Pointers defeated Adrian Bulldogs 5-2
- Geneseo Ice Knights defeated Williams Ephs 2-1
- St. Norbert Green Knights vs Augsburg Auggies 6 to 1
- Mass-Boston Beacons defeated Hobart Statesmen 2-0
- St. Norbert Green Knights defeated Mass-Boston Beacons 8-7 (2ot)
- Wisconsin-Stevens Point Pointers defeated Geneseo Ice Knights 5-1