This is the 2016-17 United States Hockey League season. This is the league's 40th season as a junior hockey league. To mark the league's 40th anniversary a new logo was created.
- None, the Indiana Ice continue to be on hiatus as they pursue a new home in the Indianapolis area.
- The ownership of the Missouri Mavericks ECHL team (which is based in the eastern (Missouri) suburb of Kansas City, Missouri) have reportedly been looking at building a smaller hockey venue in a Kansas suburb of Kansas City to become the location of a future USHL team.
The league regular season champion Sioux City Musketeers win the Anderson Cup. The Waterloo Black Hawks win the Cowbell Cup, which is the trophy awarded to the team with the best record in games involving the three Eastern Iowa (Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, and Waterloo) members of the league.
|Dubuque Fighting Saints||60||36||17||5||2||201||163||79|
|Green Bay Gamblers||60||34||22||2||2||173||145||72|
|USA Hockey NTDP||60||23||34||1||2||164||214||49|
|Cedar Rapids RoughRiders||60||12||44||3||1||109||228||28|
|Sioux City Musketeers||60||40||13||5||2||179||125||87|
|Waterloo Black Hawks||60||40||16||2||2||210||161||84|
|Des Moines Buccaneers||60||36||20||1||3||177||154||76|
|Sioux Falls Stampede||60||21||30||3||6||169||193||51|
Clark Cup PlayoffsEdit
The top four teams in each conference qualify for the playoffs. The first place team plays the fourth place team and the second place team plays the third place team. The conference semifinal winners meet in the conference finals and the conference finals winners meet in the Clark Cup Final. All series are best-of-five. As this is presently the only Tier-I junior league in the United States there are no further playoffs beyond the league final.
- Chicago Steel defeated Youngstown Phantoms 3 games to 2
- Dubuque Fighting Saints defeated Muskegon Lumberjacks 3 games to 1
- Sioux City Musketeers defeated Des Moines Buccaneers 3 games to none
- Waterloo Black Hawks defeated Fargo Force 3 games to none