This is the 2016-17 State University of New York Athletic Conference Men's hockey season.
- The Canton Kanagroos applied for membership but were denied. However, the school is scheduled to play every team in the conference twice; but not home and home with each member as conference members are scheduled with each other.
|Oswego Great Lakers||16||13||2||1||77||32||27||28||21||6||1||129||55|
|Geneseo Ice Knights||16||10||5||1||71||42||21||28||17||7||3||125||76|
|Buffalo State Bengals||16||9||6||1||45||41||19||27||18||8||1||92||63|
|Fredonia Blue Devils||16||7||8||1||50||49||15||26||13||11||2||109||73|
|Brockport Golden Eagles||16||7||9||0||59||68||14||26||11||14||1||86||100|
|Cortland Red Dragons||16||6||9||1||60||74||13||25||10||13||2||94||106|
The top six teams qualify for the single elimation tournament. The 3rd seed plays the 6th seed and the 4th seed plays the 5th seed in the first round. The top seed plays the lower seeded first round winner and the 2nd seed plays the higher seeded first round winner. The semifinal winners meet in the conference final. The conference champion also earns the conference's automatic bid to the 2017 NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
- Geneseo defeated Brockport 7-0
- Buffalo State defeated Fredonia 2-1
- Oswego defeated Buffalo State 6-2
- Plattsburgh defeated Geneseo 5-2
- Plattsburgh defeated Oswego 3-2