This is the 2016-17 Prince Edward Island Junior C Hockey League season. This was the league's 7th season under this name 25th season overall.
- At the year end meeting held in April 2016, the league announced that it approved the return of a team to be based in Summerside (Summerside Crunch). At the same meeting the other six teams all announced their intention to return. The Summerside team stated their intent to play at the Plex at Slemon Park. The league also stated it had several other applications that they were holding off taking action on until a later meeting. As of September 11th the league had not posted a schedule or announced any further action on any other new members.
- The Downeast Sabres were renamed the Belfast Sabres
- The Morell Flyers announced they were folding on January 2, 2017. The league revised its' schedule so that each team will play 26 games. The first home and away game against Morell count in the standings. The league deleted any other games beyond that for Morell and their opponents. The team ended up with an official record of 3-8-1 with 50 goals scored and 98 allowed.
The playoff format was modified to the following: quarterfinals best of five with 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5 with 1 and 2 receiving byes, the semifinals best of five and the final best of 7.
|Belfast Sabres||Belfast||Belfast Recreation Centre|
|Morell Flyers||Morell||Morell Community Rink|
|North River Flames||Cornwall||APM Centre|
|Sherwood Metros||Sherwood||Cody Banks Arena|
|South Side Lynx||Crapaud||South Shore Actiplex|
|Summerside Crunch||Summerside||The Plex|
|Tignish Aces||Tignish||Tignish Centennial Arena|
|South Side Lynx||26||20||6||0||150||96||40|
|North River Flames||26||15||10||1||125||100||31|
|Morrell Flyers (fold-record deleted)||12||3||8||1||50||98||7|
The top six teams qualify for the playoffs with the top two seeds earning byes to the semifinals. The third place team plays the sixth place team and the fourth place team plays the fifth place team in the best of five quarterfinals. The lower placed quarterfinal winner plays the first place team and the higher placed quarterfinals winner plays the second place team. The semifinal winners meet in the best of seven final. The league champion advances to the 2017 Maritime-Hockey North Junior C Championships.
- South Side Lynx vs Lower seeded quarterfinal winner
- Sherwood Metros vs higher seeded quarterfinal winner
- Semifinal winners