This is the 2016-17 Nova Scotia Junior C Hockey League season. This was the league's 18th season. The league appears to have formally renamed itself the Nova Scotia Regional Junior Hockey League, although no formal announcement appears on the league website.
- The Amherst Colts are replaced by the Truro based Cumberland-Colchester Colts who play out of the Colchester Legion Stadium in Truro which was the home of the Fundy Rhinos who folded after the 2014-15 season.
- The Halifax Regional Municipality based Eastern Shore Thunder are added as an expansion team. They will play out of the Centennial Arena in Halifax.
- The Avon River Rats and the Barrington Ice Dogs do not return after sitting out the 2015-16 season.
- the league announced on March 11, 2017 the addition of the East Hants Jr. C Penguins for the 2017-18 season
- On March 15, 2017 the owner of the Bedford Wolverines put out a tweet in an attempt to have someone take over the operation of the team
|Avon River Rats||Windsor||Hants Exhibition Arena||join league in 2007|
|Bedford Wolverines||Bedford, Nova Scotia||Lebrun Recreation Centre||2015 expansion team|
|Cumberland/Colchester Colts||Truro||Colchester Legion Stadium||relocated/revived Amherst team 2016|
|Eastern Shore Thunder||Halifax||Halifax Centennial Arena||2016 expansion team|
|Metro Jaguars||Dartmouth||Dartmouth Sportsplex||2015 expansion team|
|Spryfield Attack||Spryfield (HRM)||Spryfield Lions Rink||formerly known as Spryfield Silver and Black Attack 2011-14|
|Avon River Rats||30||22||6||1||1||162||106||46|
|Eastern Shore Thunder||30||9||18||1||2||110||159||21|
All six teams make the playoffs. The top two teams earn a bye to the semifinals. The third place team plays the sixth place team and the fourth place team plays the fifth place team in the best of five quarterfinals. The first place team plays the lower seeded quarterfinal winner and the second place team plays the higher quarterfinal winne in the semifinals. The semifinal winners meet in the league championship. The playoff champion will advance to the 2017 Maritime-Hockey North Junior C Championships.
- Spryfield defeated Bedford 3 games to none
- Eastern Shore defeated Cumberland/Colchester 3 games to 1
- Metro defeated Eastern Shore 4 games to none
- Avon defeated Spryfield 4 games to 2
- Metro vs Avon