This is the 2016-17 North Peace Hockey League season.
- The Valleyview Jets were accepted back into the league. The team had last played in the league in the 2012-13 season.
- The Grand Prairie Athletics were accepted back in to the league after sitting out the 2015-16 season due to reorganization of the team.
- The Lakeland Eagles had applied to play in the league; but were rejected. The team was advised they could reapply for membership for the 2017-18. It appears there was some issue with something in their application not being in accordance with the NPHL constitution.
- In October, the Manning Comets announced they were taking a one year leave of absence due to a lack of players
- In early November the High Prairie Regals announced that they would withdraw for the season due to lack of players and sponsors.
|Falher Pirates||Falher, Alberta||Falher Arena|
|Grimshaw Huskies||Grimshaw||Grimshaw Memorial Arena|
|Valleyview Jets||Valleyview, Alberta||Valleyview Recreation Centre|
|High Prairie Regals||High Prairie||High Prairie Sports Palace|
|Manning Comets||Manning||Manning Sports Centre Arena|
|Fort St. John Flyers||22||17||5||0||132||88||34|
|Grande Prairie Athletics||22||16||5||1||151||78||33|
|Spirit River Rangers||22||10||11||1||99||113||21|
|Dawson Creek Canucks||22||7||14||1||90||113||13|
All teams qualify for the playoffs. The East Division first place team receives a first round bye.
- Fort St. John defeated Dawson Creek 4 games to one
- Spirit River defeated Grand Prairie 4 games to 2
- Falher defeated Valleyview 4 games to none
- Spirit River defeated Fort St. John 4 games to 1
- Falher defeated Grimshaw 4 games to 3
- Spirit River defeated Falher 4 games to none