This is the 2016-17 National Collegiate Hockey Conference men's ice hockey season. This is the league's 4th season
- none, however in July of 2016 the Minnesota State University, Mankato school president Richard Davenport announced that the school had been "examining alternative membership affiliation options for its men's ice hockey program. Examination of these has included recent application to become a member of the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC).
|National Collegiate Hockey Conference||Overall Record|
|Western Michigan Broncos||24||13||9||1||79||75||42||40||22||13||5||133||114|
|North Dakota Fighting Hawks||24||11||12||1||69||63||35||40||21||16||3||127||104|
|St. Cloud State Huskies||24||10||13||0||64||69||31||36||16||19||1||105||109|
|Colorado College Tigers||24||4||16||1||43||77||17||36||8||24||4||70||120|
The 2017 conference tournament will involve all teams playing in a best-of-three quarterfinal series with the winners advancing to the NCHC Frozen Faceoff. The teams are re-seeded prior to the semifinals. The semifinal winners meet in the championship game for the conference's automatic bid to the 2017 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament. The semifinal losers will meet in the consolation game. The semifinal, championship, and consolation games will be held at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota on Friday, March 17 and Saturday, March 18, 2017.
- Denver Pioneers defeated Colorado College Tigers 2 games to none
- Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs defeated Miami RedHawks 2 games to none
- Western Michigan Broncos defeated Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks 2 games to 1
- North Dakota Fighting Hawks defeated St. Cloud State Huskies 2 games to none
- North Dakota Fighting Hawks defeated Denver Pioneers 1-0
- Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs defeated Western Michigan Broncos 5-2