This is the 2016-17 North American 3 Hockey League season. This is the leagues' 7th season under the NA3HL moniker and its 19th overall dating back to its founding as the Central States Hockey League in 1998.
The league announced that it would add the North American 3 Eastern Hockey League en masse as full members for the 2016-17 season.
On May 22, 2016 a published report on the website  indicated that the league had approved the addition of a team to be known as the Missoula Bruins. Missoula has been the home of the Missoula Maulers of the Amateur Athletic Union-sanctioned Western States Hockey League since 2007 (joining from the American West Hockey League in 2013 after being founded in the NorPac in 2007. Apparently, the Maulers organization had decided to disband earlier in the month due to a lease dispute with the Glacier Ice Rink's operators. 
On May 24, 2016 the NA3HL announced that the Minnesota Flying Aces franchise had been sold to the owners of the Brookings Blizzard and Alexandria Blizzard (Chris and Mitri Canavati). As part of the announcement of the sale, the team was relocating to the Willmar Civic Center Arena in Willmar, Minnesota for the 2016-17 season. The team would take the name Willmar WarHawks
Also on May 24th, the league announced that the Sugar Land Imperials had been sold to the same group that purchased the Chicago Bulldogs a few days earlier, and would be relocated to College Station, Texas and would become known as the College Station Spirit.
On May 26, 2016 the Wilkes-Barre Miners announced they were returning to Binghamton, New York and would be relabeled as the Binghamton Jr Senators which is the name the team had from 2005 to 2010 when the team was a member of the Atlantic Junior Hockey League.
On March 18, 2017, the Lockport Express announced they would be relocating to the Hyde Park Ice Pavilion in Niagara Falls, New York for the 2017-18 season. The release stated that the organization would also be developing lower level teams along with the ownership of the new arena. The release stated that it was strictly a business decision and that there were no issues with the city or arena in Lockport. The team was renamed the Niagara Falls PowerHawks on April 6th.
It was announced in April 2017, that the West Michigan Wolves were relocating to the The Summit Sports and Ice Complex in Dimondale, Michigan just outside of Lansing, Michigan and would be renamed the Lansing Wolves.
On April 26, 2017 it was announced that the league had approved the sale and relocation of the Chicago Jr. Bulldogs to Wausau, Wisconsin for the 2017-18 season. The team was renamed the Wausau RiverWolves and will be based out of the Marathon Park Arena in Wausau. The new owners are also the owners of the New Ulm Steel.
On May 4, 2017, the sale of the Lewiston/Auburn Fighting Spirit was announced. The team was renamed the Lewiston/Auburn Nordiques as an homage to the former Maine Nordiques who played in the North American Hockey League (1973-1977) out of the same arena.
On, May 24, 2017 the Syracuse Stampede announced they were relocating to Oswego, New York and would be renamed the Oswego Stampede. The team will be based out of the Anthony J Crisafulli Arena in Oswego.
On May 26, 2017, the league announced the sale and relocation of the Glacier Nationals from Havre, Montana to Butte, Montana where they will be known as the Butte Cobras based out of the Butte Community Ice Center. The Butte Amateur Hockey Association (BAHA) were the new owners of the team. The BAHA had recently been given ownership of the Butte Cobras franchise that has played in the Western States Hockey League (WSHL) since the 2014-15 season. The WSHL team is being moved to the NA3HL with the acquired franchise rights from the Glacier Nationals.
|North Iowa Bulls||47||35||10||1||1||268||111||72|
|La Crosse Freeze||47||23||22||2||0||199||169||48|
|Rochester Ice Hawks||47||10||36||0||1||101||250||21|
|West Michigan Wolves||47||22||22||1||2||152||147||47|
|Southern Tier Xpress||47||15||28||4||0||142||182||34|
|Great Falls Americans||47||38||4||2||3||258||96||81|
|St. Louis Jr. Blues||47||36||9||0||2||324||122||74|
|Nashville Jr. Predators||47||25||15||5||2||206||161||57|
|Evansville Jr. Thunderbolts||47||14||31||1||1||136||238||30|
|Texas Jr. Brahmas||47||37||9||1||0||184||83||75|
|Euless Jr. Stars||47||23||20||4||0||195||191||50|
|Point Mallard Ducks||47||23||22||1||1||150||166||48|
|College Station Spirit||47||6||38||2||1||98||252||15|
|Granite City Lumberjacks||47||32||8||5||2||188||111||71|
|New Ulm Steel||47||26||18||0||3||183||163||55|
|Breezy Point North Stars||47||25||19||3||0||189||154||53|
|Long Beach Sharks||47||35||10||1||1||260||161||72|
|New England Stars||47||29||7||7||4||176||127||69|
|Cape Cod Islanders||47||27||17||2||1||184||169||57|
|L/A Fighting Spirit||47||23||21||3||0||163||184||49|
|East Coast Minutemen||47||10||33||4||0||122||253||24|
|Binghamton Jr. Senators||47||45||1||0||1||324||84||91|
|Jersey Shore Wildcats||47||26||20||1||0||165||165||53|
|Roc City Royals||47||17||27||2||1||154||243||37|
With the exception of the Frontier Division, the top four teams in each division will qualify for the playoffs. The top six teams qualify from the Frontier Division. All division based series are best of three. The eight diivsion champions advance to the Silver Cup Championship Tournament which will be held March 29-April 2, 2017 at the Canlan Ice Sports Arena in Romeoville, Illinois. The eight division winners will be paired off into two pools of four teams based on regular season point totals. Each team play the other teams in their pool once. The top two teams in each pool advance to the semifinals with the first place team playing the second place team from the other pool on April 1st. The semifinal winners meet in the championship game on April 2nd.
Frontier Division QuarterfinalsEdit
- Gillette Wild defeated Helena Bighorns 2 games to 1
- Bozeman IceDogs defeated Missoula Bruins 2 games to none
Frontier Division SemifinalsEdit
- Yellowstone Quake defeated Bozeman IceDogs 2 games to none
- Great Falls Americans defeated Gillette Wild 2 games to none
Central Division SemifinalsEdit
- North Iowa Bulls defeated Rochester Ice Hawks 2 games to none
- La Crosse Freeze defeated Wisconsin Whalers 2 games to 1
Coastal Division SemifinalsEdit
- Long Beach Sharks defeated Northeast Generals 2 games to none
- New England Stars defeated Cape Cod Islanders 2 games to 1
East Division SemifinalsEdit
- Metro Jets defeated West Michigan Wolves 2 games to 1
- Pittsburgh Vengeance defeated Toledo Cherokee 2 games to 1
Midwest Division SemifinalsEdit
- St. Louis Jr. Blues defeated Cincinnati Thunder 2 games to none
- Peoria Mustangs defeated Nashville Jr. Predators 2 games to none
Northeast Division SemifinalsEdit
- Binghamton Jr. Senators defeated Roc City Royals 2 games to none
- Jersey Shore Wildcats defeated Syracuse Stampede 2 games to none
South Division SemifinalsEdit
- Texas Jr. Brahmas defeated Point Mallard Ducks 2 games to 1
- Atlanta Capitals defeated Euless Jr. Stars 2 games to none
West Division SemifinalsEdit
- Granite City Lumberjacks defeated Breezy Point North Stars 2 games to none
- New Ulm Steel defeated Alexandria Blizzard 2 games to 1
Frontier Division FinalEdit
Central Division FinalEdit
Coastal Division FinalEdit
East Division FinalEdit
Midwest Division FinalEdit
Northeast Division FinalEdit
South Division FinalEdit
West Division FinalEdit
Silver Cup Round RobinEdit
- Metro Jets defeated Granite City Lumberjacks 3-0
- St. Louis Jr. Blues defeated Atlanta Capitals 4-2
- Binghamton Jr. Senators defeated Long Beach Sharks 8-1
- Yellowstone Quake defeated North Iowa Bulls 4-2
- Atlanta Capitals defeated Metro Jets 3-2
- Granite City Lumberjacks defeated St. Louis Jr. Blues 4-3
- Yellowstone Quake defeated Long Beach Sharks 5-2
- North Iowa Bulls defeated Binghamton Jr. Senators 3-2 (ot)
- Metro Jets defeated St. Louis Jr. Blues 5-3
- Granite City Lumberjacks defeated Atlanta Capitals 5-2
- Yellowstone Quake defeated Binghamton Jr. Senators 3-2
- North Iowa Bulls defeated Long Beach Sharks 8-4
Silver Cup SemifinalsEdit
- Granite City Lumberjacks defeated Binghamton Jr. Senators 3-2
- Metro Jets defeated Yellowstone Quake 6-1
Silver Cup FinalEdit
- ↑ Maulers owner explains decision to disband local hockey team. The Missoulian (May 14, 2016).