This is the 2016-17 Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey season. This is the league's 21st season overall dating back to its' founding in 1996 as the semi-professional Quebec Semi Professional Hockey League. This is the league's 13th season under this name.
- The Cornwall River Kings ceased operations in late August 2016. The league had tried to find new local ownership for the team and ended up dispersing the players to other members of the league.
- On May 31, 2017 the Laval Prédateurs mangaement announced they were ceasing operations on the team's facebook page. The team had changed ownership during the 2016-17 season. The posting stated that the team had attempted to relocate to three different locations without sucess and had attempted to work out arrangements to sit out the 2017-18 season and resume play for the 2018-19 season but an agreement could not be worked out with other parties.
|Saint-Georges Cool FM 103.5||40||20||15||5||144||158||45|
|Thetford Mines Assurancia||40||20||16||4||151||50||44|
Originally, all eight teams were to make the playoffs but with the late withdrawal of the Cornwall River Kings, the playoffs were reformated so all teams qualified and the two highest seeded quarterfinal losers were matched up in the Repechage series for a semifinals berth. All series are best-of-seven except for the repechage round which is best-of-three
- Jonquière Marquis defeated Laval Prédateurs 4 games to 2
- Sorel-Tracy Éperviers defeated Rivière-du-Loup 3L 4 games to 3
- Thetford Mines Assurancia defeated Saint-Georges Cool FM 103.5 4 games to 1
- Jonquière Marquis defeated Saint-Georges Cool FM 103.5 4 games to 1
- Thetford Mines Assurancia defeated Sorel-Tracy Éperviers 4 games to 2