This is the 2016-17 ECAC West Men's Hockey Season. This is scheduled to be the last season for the league under this name as the formation of the United Collegiate Hockey Conference (men's and women's) in early October 2016 and subsequently the Middle Atlantic Conferences (men's and women's) mid-October announcement of the formation of a hockey conference for the 2017-18 season that would be organized like the Ivy League being run within the ECAC Hockey.
- The Stevenson Mustangs join the conference as a new program
- The Lebanon Valley Flying Dutchmen re-join the conference as they are re-starting their program.
- The announcement of the formation of the United Collegiate Hockey Conference was announced as being created for the 2017-18 season was made in early October 2016. This announcement had all of the present ECAC West membership (Elmira Soaring Eagles, Hobart Statesmen (and their sister school William Smith Herons), Lebanon Valley Flying Dutchmen, Manhattanville Valiants, Neumann Knights, Stevenson Mustangs, and Utica Pioneers) joining this new conference. The programs of Chatham Cougars, King's College Kings, and Wilkes University Colonels will also be joining the new conference.
- In late January 2017, the Hobart Statesmen would announce that they would be withdrawing from the United Collegiate Hockey Conference and be joining the New England Hockey Conference for the 2017-18 season.
Complete records to be added upon completion of the NCAA tournament.
|ECAC West||Overall Record|
|Nazareth Golden Flyers||14||8||6||0||51||40||16|
|Elmira Soaring Eagles||14||3||11||0||37||57||6|
|Lebanon Valley Flying Dutchmen||14||1||12||1||40||79||3|
The top six teams qualify for a single elimination tournament. The third seed host the sixth seed and the fourth seed host the fifth seed in the quarterfinal round. The first seed plays the lower seeded quarterfinal round winner and the second seed plays the higher seeded quarterfinal round winner in the semifinals. The semifinal winners meet for the conference championship.
- Utica Pioneers vs lower seeded quarterfinal winner
- Manhattanville Valiants vs higher seeded quarterfinal winner
- semifinal winners