This is the 2016-17 ECAC Hockey Men's Season. This is the league's 56th season.
- none, however, The Colgate Raiders move into the new Class of 1965 Arena
Overall records to be added upon completion of the NCAA Tournament.
|ECAC Hockey||Overall Record|
|Cornell Big Red||22||13||4||5||70||51||31||35||21||9||5||99||81|
|St. Lawrence Saints||22||12||6||4||61||44||28||37||17||13||7||104||88|
|Clarkson Golden Knights||22||10||9||3||67||62||23||39||18||16||5||124||112|
|Dartmouth Big Green||22||7||13||2||59||80||16||31||10||18||3||83||111|
2017 Conference Tournament (Whitelaw Cup)Edit
All twelve teams qualify with the top 4 seeds getting a first round bye. The best-of-three first round matches up 5 vs 12, 6 vs 11, 7 vs 10, and 8 vs 9. The first round winners are re-seeded for the best-of-three quarterfinals and the 1 seed plays the lowest seeded first round winner, 2 plays the second lowest seed first round winner, 3 plays the third lowest first round winner. and 4 plays the highest seeded first round winner. Teams are re-seeded for the semifinals with the highest seeded winner playing the lowest seeded winner and the second and third seeds meet in a single game at Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, New York. The semifinal winners meet at the Herb Brooks Arena in Lake Placid, New York for the conference championship and the conference's automatic bid to the 2017 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
- Quinnipiac Bobcats defeated Brown Bears 2 games to none
- Clarkson Golden Knights defeated RPI Engineers 2 games to none
- Princeton Tigers defeated Colgate Raiders 2 games to 1
- Yale Bulldogs defeated Dartmouth Big Green 2 games to none
- Harvard Crimson defeated Yale Bulldogs 2 games to none
- Union Dutchmen defeated Princeton Tigers 2 games to none
- Cornell Big Red defeated Clarkson Golden Knights 2 games to 1
- Quinnipiac Bobcats defeated St. Lawrence Saints 2 games to 1