This is the 2016-17 Colonial Hockey Conference Women's hockey season. This is the conference's second season.
- On July 5, 2016 the conference announced that the Nichols Bison will be joining the league for the 2017-18 season. The team had been part of the New England Hockey Conference.
- In September 2016, Daniel Webster College as a whole and not just the athletic program annouced it would cease to exist at the end of the school year, as the Nashua, New Hampshire based school was owned and operated by ITT Technical Institute, who filed for bankrupcy protection after the United States government cracked down on the school. The property was purchased by Southern New Hampshire University. The school has begun the process of being combined into the SNHU community through a teach-out agreement and the school will cease to exist over the next year. Due to a lack of players the team was unable to complete a roster to be able to play for the season and was forced to cancel what would be its second and final season as the school will cease to exist at the end of the 2016-17 school year.
- In October 2016, it was announced that the Stevenson Mustangs would be joining the United Collegiate Hockey Conference and the Middle Atlantic Conferences for the 2017-18 season when the league's commence play.
- On January 25, 2017, the New England Hockey Conference announced that the Johnson and Wales Wildcats and Salem State Vikings would be joining the conference for the 2018-19 season.
- On January 26, 2017 it was announced that the Salve Regina Seahawks and University of New England Nor'Easters will be joining the conference for the 2018-19 season
Withdrew Prior to seasonEdit
|Daniel Webster Eagles||Nashua, New Hampshire||Conway Arena|
|Colonial Hockey Conference||Overall Record|
|Johnson and Wales Wildcats||12||4||8||0||15||20||8||26||9||16||1||51||54|
|Salem State Vikings||12||2||10||0||15||51||4||23||4||19||0||24||89|
The top six teams qualify for the conference tournament. The top two seeds earn a bye to the semifinals. The quarterfinals will match up #3 hosting #6 and #4 hosting #5 on February 27th.
The semifinals will have the top seed hosting the lower seeded quarterfinal winner and the second seed hosting the higher seeded quarterfinal winner on March 5th. The higher seeded semifinal final winner will host the lower seeded semifinal winner on March 6th. The winner of the tournament does not earn an automatic bid to the 2017 NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Tournament. The conference will not earn an automatic bid until the 2017-18 season
- Canton Kanagroos defeated Becker Hawks 2-1
- Stevenson Mustangs defeated Johnson and Wales Wildcats 2-1