This is the 2016-17 Commonwealth Coast Conference season. This is the conference's first season under this name. All but one member (University of New England Nor'Easters) were members of ECAC Northeast for the 2015-16 season. The Nor'Easters were members of ECAC East. The CCC is the all sport home for all but Becker, Johnson and Wales, and Suffolk who are associate members of the conference for men's ice hockey. All three of these schools joined from the ECAC Northeast. The previous name of ECAC Northeast was done under an affilation deal with the ECAC and was ended with the formation of this conference. The league had dated back in one form or another dating back to the 1971-72 season.
Around the same time as the CCC announced its' formation the ECAC East conference (men's and women's) announced it would secede from the ECAC and form their own conference which will be known as the New England Hockey Conference. Due to membership remaining consistent during the process it is expected that both conferences will retain automatic NCAA tournament qualifier spots. Traditionally, new conferences are subject for up to a two-year waiting period for automatic qualification and would have to compete for Pool B bids in the interim. No official word has been announced on the status of an automatic bid by the NCAA.
- In October 2016 the Becker Hawks announced that they would be moving to the Worcester Sports Center when it opens in time for the 2017-18 season. The move will be 15 miles closer to campus and the facility will also be home the the Worcester State Lancers of the Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference.
Complete records be added upon completion of the NCAA tournament
|Commonwealth Coast Conference||Overall Record|
|Salve Regina Seahawks||18||11||4||3||67||46||25|
|University of New England Nor'Easters||18||9||7||2||88||57||20|
|Johnson and Wales Wildcats||18||6||9||3||54||54||15|
|Western New England Golden Bears||18||5||12||1||43||77||11|
The top eight teams qualify for the single elimination tournament. The games are held at the higher seeded teams' arenas.
- Endicott Gulls vs Western New England Golden Bears
- Nichols Bison vs Becker Hawks
- Salve Regina Seahawks vs Johnson and Wales Wildcats
- Curry Colonels vs University of New England Nor'Easters
- Highest remaining seed vs lowest remaining seed
- second highest remaining seed vs third highest remaining seed
- Semifinal winners