This is the 2015-16 Southern Ontario Junior Hockey League season. This is the league's 56th season dating back to its founding as the Shamrock Junior D Hockey League in 1960.
This would be the league's final season under this identity as a major consolidation which had been In the works since 2014, in the spring of 2016 it was announced that the eight Junior C leagues of the Ontario Hockey Association would merge for the 2016-17 season to create the Provincial Junior Hockey League. The union was in an effort to streamline rules across the classification and to promote growth and development.
The Teams Edit
|Mount Brydges Bulldogs||40||21||19||0||-||-||206||173||776||42|
|Port Stanley Sailors||40||11||28||1||-||-||172||234||1230||23|
|North Middlesex Stars||40||4||36||0||-||-||108||318||845||8|
The top eight teams qualify for the playoffs. The playoffs consist of 3 rounds of best-of-seven series. The teams are not re-seeded after the first round. The playoff champion advances to the 2016 Clarence Schmalz Cup.
- Dorchester Dolphins defeated Lambeth Lancers 4 games to none (9-0, 10-3, 10-6, 6-4)
- Exeter Hawks defeated Port Stanley Sailors 4 games to none (8-4, 4-2, 11-1, 10-2)
- Aylmer Spitfires defeated Thamesford Trojans 4 games to none (5-3, 9-2, 7-1, 5-3)
- Mount Brydges Bulldogs defeated Locan Irish 4 games to 1 (3-4, 6-3, 7-2, 8-3, 4-3)
- Dorchester Dolphins defeated Mount Brydges Bulldogs 4 games to none (6-4, 4-3, 8-4, 4-3 (ot))
- Exeter Hawks defeated Aylmer Spitfires 4 games to none (7-6 (ot), 4-0, 5-1, 4-1)
- Dorchester Dolphins defeated Exeter Hawks 4 games to 3 (2-6, 4-2, 3-2, 6-4, 2-5, 1-9, 5-0)