Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the 2015-16 National Collegiate Hockey Conference men's ice hockey season. This is the league's 3rd season
- none, however after a lengthly battle over the nickname of Fighting Sioux, the University of North Dakota, playing without a nickname for a while announced on November 18, 2015 that the schools new athletic teams nickname will be Fighting Hawks.
|University of North Dakota||24||19||4||1||-||-||89||49||59|
|St. Cloud State University||24||17||6||1||-||-||104||53||53|
|University of Denver||24||17||5||2||-||-||74||52||53|
|University of Minnesota Duluth||24||11||10||3||-||-||64||44||37|
|University of Nebraska Omaha||24||8||15||1||-||-||60||83||25|
|Western Michigan University||24||5||18||1||-||-||56||103||17|
The 2016 conference tournament will involve all teams playing in a best-of-three quarterfinal series with the winners advancing to the NCHC Frozen Faceoff. The teams are re-seeded prior to the semifinals. The semifinal winners meet in the championship game for the conference's automatic bid to the 2016 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament. The semifinal losers will meet in the consolation game. The semifinal, championship, and consolation games will be held at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- North Dakota defeated Colorado College 2 games to none (7-1, 5-1)
- St. Cloud St. defeated Western Michigan 2 games to none (4-3, 4-2)
- Denver defeated Nebraska-Omaha 2 games to none (5-2, 4-3)
- Minnesota-Duluth defeated Miami 2 games to none (5-4, 3-1)
- Minnesota-Duluth defeated North Dakota 4-2
- St. Cloud St. defeated Denver 4-2
- North Dakota and Denver tied at 1 after a five minute overtime period
- St. Cloud St. defeated Minnesota-Duluth 3 to 1