Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the 2015-16 New Brunswick Junior Hockey League season. This is the league's 4th season under this name and 7th season overall. The league is a mixed level Junior B and Junior C league as the league came about as the result of the collapse of the New Brunswick Junior C Hockey League in 2011. That league's remaining team, the Hampton Hurricanes moved up to play in the then New Brunswick Junior B Hockey League. Three additional Junior C level team wanted to join the league for the 2012-13 season and the league was subsequently renamed. With the present set up of the league; the Junior B champion advances to the Don Johnson Memorial Cup and the Junior C champion advances to the Maritime-Hockey North Junior C Championship.
- The Hampton Hurricanes relocated to Quispamsis and changed their name to the Southern Sting.
- The Fundy Cobras and Sackville Storm folded.
- The Hotel Shediac Predators were renamed the Cap-Pelé Predators and moved for Junior C to Junior B
- The Sunny Corner Thunder and Tri-County River Cats moved from Junior B to Junior C
|Fredericton Caps||2012||B||Fredericton||Willie O'Ree Arena|
|Grand Lake Moose||2006||C||Minto||Minto Arena|
|Cap-Pele Predators||2012||B||Cap-Pelé||Cap-Pelé Arena|
|Kent Koyotes||2013||B||Cocagne||Cocagne Arena|
|Moncton Vito's||2008||B||Moncton||Red Ball Internet Centre|
|Southern Sting||unknown||C||Quispamsis||Quispamsis QPlex|
|Sunny Corner Thunder||2014||C||Sunny Corner||Sunny Corner Arena|
|Tri-County River Cats||2009||C||Fredericton Junction||Tri-County Complex|
|Western Valley Panthers||2012||C||Hartland||Hartland Arena|
|Western Red Wings||8||3||4||1||0||1||26||34||-||7|
The junior B teams played and interlocking schedule with the Island Junior Hockey League these games counted in both leagues' standings but the IJHL didn't include the New Brunswick teams in their standings.
|Western Valley Panthers||24||13||10||0||1||0||146||138||-||27|
|Tri-County River Cats||24||12||11||0||0||1||114||129||-||25|
|Grand Lake Moose||24||7||12||0||0||5||128||148||-||19|
|Sunny Corner Thunder||24||8||15||0||1||0||102||157||-||17|
All four teams qualify for the playoffs. The playoff champion advances to the 2016 Don Johnson Memorial Cup.
- Moncton Vito's defeated Frederiction Caps 4 games to 2 (5-4, 0-1, 4-1, 4-5, 6-0, 8-1)
- Cap-Pele Predators defeated Kent Koyotes 4 games to 3 (1-2 (ot), 3-8, 6-5, 4-3 (ot), 2-3 (ot), 4-1, 3-2)
- Moncton Vito's defeated Cap-Pele Predators 4 games to 1 ( 3-4 (ot), 5-1, 2-1, 5-2, 3-0)
the top four teams qualify for the playoffs. Both rounds are best-of-seven. The league playoff champion advances to the 2016 Maritime-Hockey North Junior C Championships.
- Southern Sting defeated Grand Lake Moose 4 games to 3 (7-6 (ot), 1-4, 4-3, 5-6 (ot), 6-3, 4-7, 6-3)
- Western Valley Panthers defeated Tri-County River Cats 4 games to 1 (9-6, 0-3, 5-1, 4-1, 6-2)
- Western Valley Panthers defeated Southern Sting 4 games to 2 (1-5, 4-3, 5-4, 4-2, 3-4, 8-7)
The Western Valley Panthers advance to the 2016 Maritime-Hockey North Junior C Championships.