This is the 2015-16 North American 3 Eastern Hockey League season. This is the league's second season and final season under this name and the league's 17th season overall dating back to the Interstate Junior Hockey League for the 1999-2000 season. The league had also been known as the International Junior Hockey League from 2006 to 2012 and the Northern States Junior Hockey League from 2012 to early in the 2014-15 season when the league operations were taken over by the North American Hockey League and the league took its present name. The league withdrew from the AAU's United Hockey Union with the involvement of the NAHL. The league is now sanctioned by USA Hockey. The league was absorbed en masse to the North American 3 Hockey League for the 2016-17 season.
The league will have 13 teams playing for the season. The regular season will start September 11, 2015 and end March 6, 2016. The top four teams in each division will qualify for the playoffs.
The league will send two Top Prospects teams to the annual NA3HL Showcase, which is being held in Blaine, Minnesota December 16-19, 2015.
- The league added the Canton, Massachusetts based Northeast Generals.
- The league added the Stockholm, New Jersey based Skylands Kings.
- The league added the Brooklyn based New York Aviators from the United States Premier Hockey League.
- The New Hampshire Fighting Spirit announced a relocation from Laconia, New Hampshire to Lewiston, Maine where they will be known as the L/A Fighting Spirit.
The league will have two showcase events:
- October 8-11, 2015 at the Skate 3 Ice Arena in Tyngsborough, Massachusetts
- January 28-31, 2016 at the Cornerstone Arena in Lockport, New York.
|Cape Cod Islanders||44||34||8||-||2||-||215||113||564||70|
|L/A Fighting Spirit||44||33||10||-||1||-||194||72||914||67|
|New England Stars||44||32||9||-||3||-||184||106||744||67|
|East Coast Minutemen||44||11||33||-||0||-||122||226||842||22|
|Jersey Shore Wildcats||44||37||7||-||0||-||258||111||973||74|
|New York Aviators||44||31||9||-||4||-||224||143||1373||66|
|Roc City Royals||44||25||16||-||3||-||191||200||1141||53|
The top four teams in each division qualify for the playoffs. All rounds are best-of-three.
East Divsion SemifinalsEdit
- Cape Cod Islanders defeated Skylands Kings 2 games to none (6-1, 7-2)
- L/A Fighting Spirit defeated New England Stars 2 games to none (5-1, 3-1)
West Division SemifinalsEdit
- Jersey Shore Wildcats defeated Lockport Express 2 games to none (3-2, 6-5)
- New York Aviators defeated Roc City Royals 2 games to none (10-5, 9-5)
East Division FinalEdit
- Cape Cod Islanders defeated L/A Fighting Spirit 2 games to none (3-2, 5-3)
West Division FinalEdit
- Jersey Shore Wildcats defeated New York Aviators 2 games to 1 (4-5, 3-2 (ot), 6-2)
- Jersey Shore Wildcats defeated Cape Cod Islanders 2 games to none (5-4, 5-4)