This is 2015-16 Midwestern Junior C Hockey League season. This is the league's 3rd season dating back to its founding in 2013 with the Niagara & District Junior C Hockey League and the Southern Ontario Junior Hockey League both being reduced to nine teams in an effort to create leagues that are of similar size at the junior C level in the province of Ontario. The league champion moves on to the 2016 Clarence Schmalz Cup.
This would be the league's final season under this identity as a major consolidation which had been In the works since 2014, in the spring of 2016 it was announced that the eight Junior C leagues of the Ontario Hockey Association would merge for the 2016-17 season to create the Provincial Junior Hockey League. The union was in an effort to streamline rules across the classification and to promote growth and development.
|New Hamburg Firebirds||40||31||8||1||-||-||187||107||818||63|
The top eight teams qualify. All series are best-of-seven. Teams are re-seeded after the quarterfinals.
- Ayr Centennials defeated Burford Bulldogs 4 games to 1 (8-2, 8-1, 2-4, 6-1, 12-3)
- New Hamburg Firebirds defeated Norwich Merchants 4 games to none (5-2, 3-2, 7-0, 8-3)
- Paris Mounties defeated Woodstock Navy-Vets 4 games to 2 (0-2, 1-2 (ot), 4-2, 7-4, 5-2, 4-1)
- Wellesley Applejacks defeated Tavistock Braves 4 games to 1 (6-4, 4-5, 4-3 (2ot), 5-4 (ot), 7-3)
- Ayr Centennials defeated Wellesley Applejacks 4 games to none (3-2 (ot), 4-3 (ot), 7-2, 4-2)
- New Hamburg Firebirds defeated Paris Mounties 4 games to 1 (6-1, 2-4, 6-3, 3-1, 7-3)
- Ayr Centennials defeated New Hamburg Firebirds 4 games to 1 (3-2, 3-4 (ot), 2-1, 4-1, 5-4)