Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the 2015-16 Chinook Hockey League season. This is the league's 47th season.
For the second straight season the league is having a pre-season classic. It is being hosted by the Innisfail Eagles who also hosted the previous year's event. The event is scheduled for October 3rd and 4th at the Twin Arenas in Innisfail.
- In late July the Okotoks Oilers announced they were sitting out the 2015-16 season.
- The previously independent Rosetown Red Wings had shown interest in joining the league for the 2015-16 season (and according to an unconfirmed source planned to join for 3 seasons) but the team appears to have withdrawn on September 26th and joined the Long Lake Senior Hockey League.
|Bentley Generals||Bentley||Bentley Arena|
|Fort Saskatchewan Chiefs||Fort Saskatchewan||Jubilee Recreation Centre|
|Innisfail Eagles||Innisfail||Innisfail Twin Arena|
|Stony Plain Eagles||Stony Plain||Centennial Arena|
|Okotoks Drillers||Okotoks||Scott Seaman Sports Rink|
|Stony Plain Eagles||18||10||7||-||1||0||77||75||-||21|
|Fort Saskatchewan Chiefs||18||6||10||-||2||1||64||88||-||14|
As of the pre-season, the league playoff champion were scheduled to play the champion from British Columbia (Powell River Regals are the only registered Senior "AAA" team in the province) in the Mckenzie Cup for a berth in the 2016 Allan Cup being held in Steinbach, Manitoba and hosted by the South East Prairie Thunder. The Powell River Regals announced they would not compete for the Allan Cup so the CHL playoff champion advances to the 2016 Allan Cup.
- Bentley defeated Innisfail 4 games to 3 (3-0, 2-3 (ot), 1-8, 5-4, 2-3 (ot), 4-1, 5-4 (ot))
- Stony Plain defeated Fort Saskatchewan 4 games to none (5-3, 5-1, 5-1, 5-2)
- Bentley defeated Stony Plain 4 games to 1 (4-1, 2-6, 4-0, 7-4, 5-4 (2ot))