Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the 2015-16 Central Interior Hockey League season. This is the league's 20th season.
|Williams Lake Stampeders||16||12||4||-||0||-||109||60||267||24|
|Lac La Hache Tomahawks||16||0||16||-||0||-||45||161||422||0|
|Terrace River Kings||16||11||3||-||2||-||87||48||392||24|
|Prince Rupert Rampage||16||7||8||-||1||-||78||81||427||15|
|Kitimat Ice Demons||16||5||11||-||0||-||51||91||387||10|
All teams qualify. The first place team in the Eastern Divsion receives a bye to the division finals. The 2nd place team plays the 3rd place team in the Eastern Division semifinal. The first place team plays the 4th place team and the 2nd place team plays the 3rd place team in the Western Division semifinals. The division semifinal round series are best-of-three. The Eastern Division final round series is best-of-five, while the Western Division series is best-of-three.
East Division SemifinalEdit
- Quesnel Kangaroos defeated Lac La Hache Tomahawks 2 games to none (6-5, 9-5)
West Divsion SemifinalsEdit
- Smithers Steelheads defeated Kitimat Ice Demons 2 games to none (9-4, 6-2)
- Terrace River Kings defeated Prince Rupert Rampage 2 games to none (5-2, 7-2)
East Division FinalEdit
- Williams Lake Stampeders defeated Quesnel Kangaroos 3 games to 1 (10-5, 3-4 (ot), 5-4, 6-5 (ot))
West Division FinalEdit
- Smithers Steelheads defeated Terrace River Kings 2 games to 1 (5-6 (2ot), 5-2, 6-5 (2ot))
- Smithers Steelheads defeated Williams Lake Stampeders 2 games to none (4-1, 5-3)
Smithers Steelheads automatically qualifies for the 2016 Coy Cup, which is the provincial Men's "AA" championship. Traditionally, the Williams Lake Stampeders would have qualified for the final qualifier for the tournament; but due to a scheduling issue involving the defending champions (the Fort St. John Flyers were given a spot in the tournament as they were defending champions), this final qualifier may not be used for the 2016 tournament, after a qualifer on March 11th between the Whitehorse Huskies and the Powell River Regals.