This is the 2014-15 Hockey East Mens's ice hockey season. This was the conference's 31st season.
- The conference added the Connecticut Huskies men's ice hockey program as a member.
note: overall records excludes conference and NCAA tournaments.
|Conference Standings||Overall Record|
Providence College finishes in 2nd place over Boston College
- series tied 1-1-0
- Providence college had 13 conference wins where Boston College had 12
Connecticut finishes in 9th place over Maine
- Connecticut won season series 1-0-1
The conference tournament featured the longest game in National Collegiate Athletic Association history when the UMass Minutemen defeated the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in five overtimes 4 to 3. The game lasted lasted 5 hours 49 minutes and included 151:42 of playing time. The game eclipsed the previous record of 150:22 from the March 12, 2010 ECAC quarterfinal game between the Quinnipiac Bobcats and the Union Dutchmen.
All teams qualify, top four seeds earn bye to quarter finals. Matchups 5 vs 12 6 vs 11, 7 vs 10, 8 vs 9. First two rounds are at higher seeded team's rink. The semifinal and final rounds are held at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.
First Round (Best-of-three) (March 6-8)Edit
- Notre Dame defeated Massachusetts 2 games to 1 (3-4 (5ot), 5-3, 7-0)
- Merrimack defeated Northeastern 2 games to none (3-2 (ot), 2-1 (2ot)
- Vermont defeated Maine 2 games to 1 (4-2, 2-4, 3-2 (ot)
- New Hampshire defeated Connecticut 2 games to none (5-2, 2-0
Quarterfinals (Best-of-three) (March 13-15)Edit
- Boston University defeated Merrimack 2 games to none (6-2, 5-0)
- New Hampshire defeated Providence College 2 games to 1 (2-1 (ot), 1-2, 2-1(ot)
- Vermont defeated Boston College 2 games to 1 (2-4, 3-1, 1-0)
- UMass Lowell defeated Notre Dame 2 games to 1 (5-0, 2-4, 6-4)
Semifinals (March 20)Edit
- Boston University defeated New Hampshire 4-1
- UMass Lowell defeated Vermont 4-1
Final (March 21)Edit
- Boston University defeated UMass Lowell 5-3
Boston University earns the conference's automatic bid to the 2015 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
- lost to Denver Pioneers 5-2 in the regional semifinals
- defeated Yale Bulldogs 3-2 in overtime in the Northeast regional semifinals
- defeated Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs 3-2 in the Northeast regional final
- defeated North Dakota 5-3 in the national semifinals
- lost to Providence Friars 4-3 in the National Championship game
- defeated Miami RedHawks 7-5 in the East regional semifinals
- defeated Denver Pioneers 4-1 in the East regional final
- defeated Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks 4-1 in the national semifinals
- defeated Boston University Terriers 4-3 in the National Championship game