Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The 2012 Clarkson Cup is a women's ice hockey tournament that will be contested in Niagara Falls to determine the champion of the Canadian Women's Hockey League from March 22 to March 25, 2012. The Montreal Stars defeated the Brampton Thunder by a 4-2 tally to claim their third title in four years.
Christina Kessler and Shannon Moulson were part of an event at Power Play Sports in Niagara Falls, Ontario on December 20, 2011 to promote the 2012 Clarkson Cup (to be held in Niagara Falls). After the event, they met players from the NFGHA (Niagara Falls Girl’s Hockey League) for photographs and autographs.
- March 25: At 12:18 of the second period, Vanessa Davidson scored on Brampton Thunder goalie Liz Knox to give the Stars a 3-2 lead. The goal was assisted by Catherine Ward and Emmanuelle Blais, and stood as the game winning goal.
- With the Clarkson Cup victory, Meghan Agosta became an unofficial member of the Triple Gold Club (the accomplishment by women is not yet officially recognized by the IIHF), as she became one of only five women to win the Clarkson Cup, a gold medal in Winter Olympics, and a gold medal at the IIHF World Women's Championships. The other women include Caroline Ouellette, Jenny Potter, Kim St. Pierre, and Sarah Vaillancourt.
Awards and honorsEdit
- Caroline Ouellette, Montreal Stars, MVP of the tournament
- Erika Lawler, Boston Blades, Outstanding Forward
- Molly Engstrom, Brampton Thunder, Outstanding Defence
- Liz Knox, Brampton Thunder, Outstanding Goalkeeper