The 2011 NCAA Women's Division I Ice Hockey Tournament will involve 8 schools in single-elimination play to determine the national champion of women's NCAA Division I (NCAA)|Division I college ice hockey. The Frozen Four will be hosted by Mercyhurst College at Louis J. Tullio Arena in Erie, Pennsylvania. 
The Wisconsin Badgers (34-2-2) enter the tournament as the No. 1 seed and they will host the defending National Champions, the Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs (22-8-3) at 7:00 PM CT. The Cornell Big Red (30-2-1) come in as the No. 2 seed and are hosting the Dartmouth Big Green (22-11-0) at 3:00 PM ET. The Boston University Terriers (25-6-3) are the No. 3 seed in the tournament who will play host to the Mercyhurst Lakers (29-5-0) at 2:00 PM ET. Finally, the Boston College Eagles (23-6-6) will be the No. 4 seed and they will host the Minnesota Golden Gophers (26-9-2) at 1:00 PM ET. All Regional games will be played on Saturday, March 13th.
News and notesEdit
- March 18: Senior Jillian Kirchner and junior Jenelle Kohanchuk scored in a 50-second span, as the Terriers advanced to the national championship game. Kirchner's goal was the game winner as the Terriers improved to 27-6-4 and became the first Hockey East school to advance to the national title game.
|March 12||1:00 pm ET||Minnesota (26-9-2) at Boston College (23-6-6)||Boston College, 4-1||Stack with two goals, Schaus with 31 saves|
|March 12||7:00 pm CT||Minnesota Duluth (22-8-3) at Wisconsin (34-2-2)||Wisconsin, 2-1||Duggan scores the game winner to send UW to 5th Frozen Four|
|March 12||3:00 pm ET||Dartmouth (22-11-0) at Cornell (30-2-1)||Cornell, 7-1||Matches NCAA record for goals|
|March 12||2:00 pm ET||Mercyhurst (29-5-0) at Boston University (25-6-3)||Boston University, 4-2||Terriers make their first trip to the Frozen Four|
Frozen Four - Louis J. Tullio Arena, Erie, PennsylvaniaEdit
- ↑ Championship Sites For 2010 And 2011 Released. NCAA. Retrieved on 2009-04-01.
- ↑ http://www.goterriers.com/sports/w-hockey/recaps/031811aaa.html
- ↑ http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-women/2011-03-12/boston-college-heads-frozen-four
- ↑ http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-women/2011-03-13/wisconsin-advances-fifth-frozen
- ↑ http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-women/2011-03-12/cornell-moves-frozen-four
- ↑ http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-women/2011-03-12/boston-first-ever-frozen-four
- ↑ http://www.goterriers.com/sports/w-hockey/recaps/032011aab.html
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 2011 NCAA Division I Women's Ice Hockey Tournament. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|