in the NewsEdit
NHL Entry Draft
- Brodie Dupont traded to the Nashville Predators by the New York Rangers.
- Darcy Hordichuk signed a one year contract with the Edmonton Oilers.
- Ryan Garbutt signed a one-year two-way contract with the Dallas Stars.
- Justin Falk signed a one-year two-way contract with the Minnesota Wild.
- Steve MacIntyre signed a one-year two-way contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Brodie Dupont signed a one-year two-way contract with the Nashville Predators.
- Andrew Murray signed a one-year two-way contract with the San Jose Sharks.
- Jeff Penner signed a one-year two-way contract with the Minnesota Wild.
- Garnet Exelby signed a one-year two-way contract with the Detroit Red Wings.
- Brock Trotter opted out of his KHL contract with Dinamo Riga to return to the National Hockey League.
signing a one-year two-way contract with the Montreal Canadiens.
- Brian Engblom hired by TSN as colour commentator for Winnipeg Jets TV broadcasts.
And Shane Hnidy hired as colourman for TSN's Winnipeg Jets radio game broadcasts.
- Inducted into the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame were Terry Ball, Karl Friesen, Mike Keane, & Neil Wilkinson in the players category. Builders Ted Foreman, Glen Lawson, and referee Bud Ulrich.
- Goalie Joe Caligiuri served as replacement for Chris Mason at a Winnipeg Jets practice.
- Montreal Canadiens traded Brock Trotter to the Phoenix Coyotes.
- Ed Belfour inducted in to the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Nick Lazorko named ECAC East Player of the Week (11/7).
- Blair Macaulay named Canada West Hockey - WHL Graduate of the Month for Nov/Dec.
- Micheal Ferland signed a three-year entry-level contract with the Calgary Flames.
- Brendan O'Donnell named WCHA Rookie of the Week (12/6).
- Justin Falk scored his first NHL goal against J-S Giguere of the Colorado Avalanche on January 24.
- Ryan Garbutt made his NHL debut playing for the Dallas Stars on February 18.
- Ryan Garbutt scored his first NHL goal on February 21 against Carey Price.
- Nick Lazorko named to ECAC East All-Conference First Team.
- Blair Macaulay selected CWUAA MVP & to First All-Star Team, Dane Crowley to Second All-Star Team.
- Jonathon Lawrence selected OUA East nominee for Randy Gregg Award.
- Jeremy Dawes named to All-NCHA Team.
- Shelby Gray named to MCHA All-Freshman Team.
- Brendan Shinnimin signed a three-year entry-level contract with the Phoenix Coyotes.
- Andrew Clark selected Atlantic University Sport MVP & First Team All-Star.
- Shelby Gray named to MCHA All-Tournament Team.
- Caleb Suderman named to MIAC All-Conference Team.
- Matt Gingera and Adam Pleskach named to AHA All-Conference Third Team.
- Matt Spafford and Saskatchewan Huskies won the CWUAA Championship.
- Stephane Pattyn and the University of North Dakota won the WCHA Championship.
- Jordin Tootoo nominated for the Bill Masterton Trophy by the Nashville Predators.
- Andrew Clark named CIS Player of the Year & All-Canadian First Team, Blair Macaulay to Second Team.
- Brendan Shinnimin won the Bob Clarke Trophy as WHL Scoring Champion.
- Nick Lazorko named to AHCA Division II/Division III All-American East Third Team.
- Brendan Shinnimin named to WHL Western Conference First All-Star Team.
- Micheal Ferland named to WHL Eastern Conference Second All-Star Team.
- Sean Collins signed a two year entry level contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- Nick Lazorko named to New England Hockey Writers' Division II/Division III All-Star Team.
- Coach Barry Trotz won his 500th NHL game with a 4-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings.
- Chay Genoway made his NHL debut, registering an assist, for the Minnesota Wild on April 7.
- Riley Weselowski named the Central Hockey League’s Most Outstanding Defenseman.
- Brendan Shinnimin awarded the Four Broncos Memorial Trophy as the WHL’s Player of the Year.
- Ryan Dech and the Edmonton Oil Kings won the WHL Championship.
- Brendan Shinnimin named Canadian Hockey League Player of the Year.
- Ed Belfour inducted into the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame.
- Brendan Shinnimin named CHL Player of the Year.
- Cody McLeod signed a three year contract extension with the Colorado Avalanche.
- Ron Hextall and the Los Angeles Kings won the Stanley Cup.
- Andrew Murray traded to the Detroit Red Wings by the San Jose Sharks.
- Chay Genoway signed a two year two way contract extension with the Minnesota Wild.
National Hockey LeagueEdit
|Matt Calvert||Justin Falk||Myles Fee||Ryan Garbutt||Chay Genoway|
|Travis Hamonic||Darren Helm||Ron Hextall||Darcy Hordichuk||Steve MacIntyre|
|Cody McLeod||Carson McMillan||Andrew Murray||Colton Orr|
|Jordin Tootoo||Barry Trotz||Travis Zajac|