This is the 2009 Hockey East Women's Ice Hockey Tournament.
The top six teams (up from 4 in previous years) qualified for the tournament. The top two seeds drew a bye to the semifinals. Seed 3 played seed 6 and seed 4 played seed 5 in a single game held at the home of the higher seeded team. The semifinals and final was held at the Whittemore Center in Durham, New Hampshire, home of the New Hampshire Wildcats. The tournament winner was guaranteed the conference's automatic bid for the 2009 NCAA Division I Women's Ice Hockey Tournament.
- Providence defeated Connecticut, 3 to 0
- Boston University defeated Northeastern, 2 to 1
- New Hampshire defeated Providence, 3 to 1
- Boston College defeated Boston University, 3 to 2
- New Hampshire defeated Boston College, 2 to 1
Kacey Bellamy, D, New Hampshire was named tournament MVP.