The 2009–10 Cornell Big Red women's ice hockey team will represent Cornell University in the 2009–10 NCAA Division I women's hockey season. The Big Red will be coached by Doug Derraugh and assisted by Dani Bilodeau and Edith Zimmering. The Big Red is a member of the Eastern College Athletic Conference and will attempt to win the NCAA Women's Ice Hockey Championship. The Big Red, who are ranked eighth-nationally, are 17-8-6 overall and posted a 14-2-6 record in ECAC Hockey this season. All of their home games will be played at Lynah Rink.
- August 17: A trio of Big Red players were selected to the Canadian U22 National Team. Sophomore Catherine White and incoming freshmen Lauriane Rougeau and Laura Fortino were selected among the 23-player roster. Chelsea Karpenko participated at the camp but was not named to the team. 
- Sept. 4: Rebecca Johnston has scored five goals in two games, including her first career hat trick, in the 2009 Canada Cup.
|October 18||Toronto Aeros||Lynah Rink||5-5|
- Oct 31: The Cornell women's hockey team defeated its second straight ranked opponent with a 4-3 victory over #9 Harvard on Saturday afternoon. The win gives the Big Red its first ever weekend sweep against Dartmouth and Harvard after Cornell's 3-0 win against Dartmouth.
- February 17: Laura Fortino, Lauriane Rougeau and Catherine White are among one of forty five nominees for the Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award. 
- March 4: Catherine White has been named a finalist for the ECAC Player of the Year Award. 
- March 6: ECAC Hockey announced that Catherine White has been awarded the Player of the Year award. White led the ECAC in assists with 24.
- March 7: Sophomore Kendice Ogilvie beat Clarkson goaltender Lauren Dahm at 7:52 mark in overtime. With the victory, Cornell wins its first ECAC Tournament, and earns its first trip to the NCAA Frozen Four.
- On March 13, 2010, Cornell defeated the Harvard Crimson women's ice hockey program by a score of 6-2 to earn its first ever trip to the NCAA Frozen Four.
- March 21: Cornell goaltender Amanda Mazzotta set a record for most saves in an NCAA Championship game with 61 saves. The former record holder was Bulldog goaltender Patricia Sautter who had 41 saves in 2003.
Awards and honorsEdit
- Doug Derragh, Division I Coach of the Year
- Amanda Mazzotta, ECAC Defensive Player of the Week (Week of November 2)
- Kendice Ogilvie, ECAC Tournament Most Outstanding Player
- Catherine White, Pre-Season All-ECAC Team
- Catherine White, ECAC Player of the Year
- Liz Zorn, finalist for the 2009-10 ECAC Women’s Best Defensive Forward Award
- Laura Fortino, 2010 Women's RBK Hockey Division I All-America First Team
- Lauriane Rougeau, 2010 Women's RBK Hockey Division I All-America Second Team
- Catherine White, 2010 Women's RBK Hockey Division I All-America Second Team
Ivy League honorsEdit
- Laura Fortino, Defense, Freshman, 2010 First Team All-Ivy
- Chelsea Karpenko, Forward, Sophomore, 2010 Second Team All-Ivy
- Amanda Mazzotta, Goaltender, Sophomore, 2010 First Team All-Ivy
- Lauriane Rougeau, Defense, Freshman, 2010 First Team All-Ivy
- Lauriane Rougeau, 2010 Ivy League Rookie of the Year
- Catherine White, Forward, Sophomore, 2010 First Team All-Ivy
- Catherine White, 2010 Ivy League Player of the Year
- ↑ http://www.ecachockey.com/women/members/cornell/20091708_CornellCanadaU22Roster
- ↑ http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/Johnston-tweaks-her-game_-hits-her-stride-with-Canadian-women_s-hockey-team-57031972.html
- ↑ http://cornellbigred.com/news/2009/10/18/WICE_1018090035.aspx
- ↑ http://www.ecachockey.com/women/2009-10/Game_Stories/20093110_Cornell_Harvard
- ↑ http://www.usahockey.com/patty_kazmaier/default.aspx?NAV=AF&id=280824&DetailedNews=yes
- ↑ http://dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=48905&SPID=4726&DB_OEM_ID=11600&ATCLID=204901123
- ↑ http://www.ecachockey.com/women/2009-10/Weekly_Awards/20100603_W_Player_of_Yr_Winner
- ↑ http://www.ecachockey.com/women/2009-10/standings
- ↑ http://www.cornellbigred.com/news/2010/3/7/WICE_0307100425.aspx
- ↑ http://www.cornellbigred.com/news/2010/3/13/WICE_0313103301.aspx
- ↑ http://www.umdbulldogs.com/teams-womens-hockey.php?id=4999&page=news
- ↑ Derraugh Recognized for Accomplishments. ECAC Hockey (2 April 2010). Retrieved on 12 April 2010.
- ↑ http://www.ecachockey.com/women/2009-10/Weekly_Awards/Women-s_Wkly_Award_Winners_11_02.pdf
- ↑ http://ecachockey.com/women/2009-10/2009_Women-s_Preseaon_All-League_Team.pdf
- ↑ http://www.ecachockey.com/women/2009-10/Weekly_Awards/20100303_W_Best_Def_Forw_Finalists
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%9310_NCAA_Division_I_women%27s_ice_hockey_season#All-America_honors
- ↑ Freshman Katie Jamieson Receives All-Ivy Accolades (February 25, 2010). Retrieved on 6 April 2010.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 2009–10 Cornell Big Red women's ice hockey season. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|