This is the 2007-08 Major League Hockey Season. This was the league's 4th season under this name and 18th season overall. The league was previously known as the Ontario Senior AAA Hockey League from 2003 to 2004, and Southwestern Senior A Hockey League from 1990 to 2003. The league was renamed after the 2010-11 season to Allan Cup Hockey.
Team GP W L OTL SOL P GF GA PIM Dundas Real McCoys 30 21 7 1 1 44 148 120 637 Brantford Blast 30 21 9 0 0 42 131 100 631 Windsor (St. Clair) Saints 30 16 12 0 0 34 122 103 624 Tilsonburg Vipers 30 11 17 2 0 24 108 147 402 Petrolia Squires 30 6 22 2 0 14 115 154 609
Robertson Cup PlayoffsEdit
Top four teams in the standings qualify. First place plays 4th and 2nd plays 3rd. All Series were best-of-seven.
- Dundas defeated Norwood four games to none (6-3, 7-1, 5-3, 6-4)
- Brantford defeated Windsor-St. Clair four games to none (6-3, 3-2, 2-1, 7-1)
- Dundas defeated Brantford four games to two (4-1. 3-5, 6-2, 5-8, 8-6, 5-2)
The 2008 Allan Cup was held in Brantford, Ontario. So the Brantford Blast qualified as host. Dundas advanced to the Robertson Cup. because there was not a representative for the Atlantic region, they competed in the Renwick Cup against the Thunder Bay Hawks of Hockey Northwestern Ontario for the province's other spot (which they won)
However, because there was not a representative for the Atlantic region, they then competed in the Renwick Cup against the Thunder Bay Hawks of Hockey Northwestern Ontario for the province's other spot (as the host branch traditionally receives the unused slots in the tournament)
Dundas defeated the Thunder Bay Hawks to win the Renwick Cup and advance to the Allan Cup
- Dundas went 1-0-1 for first place in Division 1 tying the Whitby Dunlops 4-4 and defeated the Lloydminster Border Kings 4-3 in the round robin. Dundas lost to the eventual champion Brantford Blast in the semifinals 3-2 in overtime.
- Brantford went 1-1-0 for second place in Division 2 losing to the Shawinigan Xtreme 3-2 and defeating the Bentley Generals 5-3. Brantford defeated the Whitby Dundas 7-2 in the quarterfinals; defeated Dundas 3-2 in overtime in the semifinals and defeated Bentley 3-1 in the final to claim the Allan Cup.