Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These events occured in 2003 in the world of hockey:
- Art Ross Memorial Trophy as the NHL's leading scorer during the regular season: Peter Forsberg, Colorado Avalanche.
- Hart Memorial Trophy for the NHL's Most Valuable Player: Peter Forsberg, Colorado Avalanche.
- Stanley Cup – New Jersey Devils win 4 games to 3 over the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. The Conn Smythe Trophy as the playoffs MVP is won by Jean-Sébastien Giguère of Anaheim.
- World Hockey Championship
- Men's champion: Canada defeats Sweden 3-2.
- Junior Men's champion: Russia win 3-2 over Canada.
- Women's champion: tournament scheduled for Beijing, China cancelled due to the outbreak of SARS.
- 2003 Memorial Cup
- Final: Kitchener Rangers 6-3 Hull Olympiques.
- May 14th: The Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies win the Kelly Cup by defeating the Columbia Inferno 4 games to 1 in the Kelly Cup finals.
- May 19th: To reflect its expansion into the Western region of the United States and its now nationwide presence, the East Coast Hockey League change its name to the ECHL.