Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Dartmouth Big Green women's ice hockey team represented Dartmouth College in the 2002–03 Division I women's ice hockey season. Dartmouth beat Minnesota to rank third in the 2003 NCAA Frozen Four.
- November 15: Against the Colgate Raiders women's ice hockey program, Tiffany Hagge had her first three assist game
- November 20: Gillian Apps registered a hat trick and two assists against Vermont
- January 3: The first multiple-goal game of Tiffany Hagge’s career was scored against Findlay
- Gillian Apps was in her freshmen year and accumulated 22 goals, 13 assists and 35 points . Apps missed five games due to commitments with the Canadian National Team but she was still fourth on the Big Green in scoring. Apps was the team leader with six power-play goals and was tied for third on the team with four multiple-goal games. At one time in the season, Apps scored a goal in 13 of 18 games. During this streak, she had one point in 15 of 19 games. Apps was on an All-Freshman line with Tiffany Hagge and Cherie Piper. 
- In her freshman year, Tiffany Hagge was on a prolific scoring line composed of fellow freshmen Gillian Apps and Cherie Piper. Hagge had a strong freshman season, finishing with 27 points and 18 assists (her 18 assists were tied for fourth among ECAC Hockey League freshmen).
- Olympian Cherie Piper joined the Big Green as a freshman and ranked fifth on the team with 32 points in 26 games. Piper scored 17 goals (good for fourth on the team), and her 15 assists ranked her fifth. 
- Katie Weatherston had one of the best freshman seasons in Dartmouth history. Although she was second on team in scoring with 47 points, she tied for the team lead with 24 assists. Her 23 goals ranked second on the team. In addition, she tied for the team lead in game winning goals with six
- March 7: Cherie Piper accumulated four points (one goal and three assists) in a game against the Colgate Raiders
- In the ECAC Hockey League semifinals, Tiffany Hagge scored the game winning goal in a 4-2 win over Princeton.
- On March 8, Katie Weatherston scored her first career hat trick in a game against the Colgate Raiders. Tiffany Hagge recorded the second three assist game of her career.
- In the Frozen Four third-place game, Tiffany Hagge scored one of the goals as Dartmouth beat Minnesota 4-2.
Awards and honorsEdit
- Gillian Apps, 2003 Honorable mention All-Ivy selection
- Katie Weatherston, All-Ivy League second team
- Katie Weatherston, ECAC Hockey League All-Rookie team
- Katie Weatherston, All-ECAC Hockey League honorable mention
- ↑ http://www.ncaa.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/ncaa/sports/w-hockey/auto_pdf/WH-D1-2003
- ↑ http://dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11600&ATCLID=648509
- ↑ http://dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11600&ATCLID=648518
- ↑ http://dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11600&ATCLID=653484
- ↑ http://dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11600&ATCLID=648492
|Dartmouth Big Green ice hockey|
|Men’s coaches||J. Eames • T. Hodges • H.I. Vye • •W. Rawley Fred Rocque • Clarence Wanamaker • George Tuck • Leon Gaw • H.R. Denesha • J. Philip Bower • Herbert Gill • George Barclay • Charles Arthur • Edward Jeremiah • Abner Oakes • Grant Standbrook • George Crowe • Brian Mason • Ben Smith • Roger Demment • Bob Gaudet|
|Men’s seasons||Dartmouth Big Green|
|NHLers||Lee Stempniak • Tanner Glass • David Jones • T.J. Galiardi • Grant Lewis • Ben Lovejoy|
|Ivy League championships||1934 • 1943 • 1944 • 1945 • 1946 • 1957 • 1948 • 1949 • 1959 • 1960 • 1964 • 1979 • 1980 • 2007|
|NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship appearances||NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship: Runner-up (1948) • Runner-up (1949)|
|Women’s coaches||Ted Wingate • Terry Lange • Mark Panella • Chuck Metz • Amy Crafts • George Crowe • Judy Oberting • Mark Hudak|
|Women’s seasons||Dartmouth Big Green women's ice hockey • 2002–03 • 2003–04 • 2004–05 • 2005–06 • 2006–07 • 2006–07 • 2007–08 • 2008–09 • 2009–10|
|Olympians||Gillian Apps • Sarah Parsons • Cherie Piper • Gretchen Ulion • Katie Weatherston|
|Patty Kazmaier Award nominees||Patty Kazmaier Award: Carly Haggard (2002) • Gillian Apps (2007) • Cherie Piper (2007)|
|Frozen Four Appearances||NCAA tournament: 2001 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005|
|Ivy League championships||1991 • 1993 • 1995 • 1998 • 2001 • 2002 • 2004 • 2007|
|ECAC championships||2001 • 2003 • 2007 • 2009|
|1Arena :Thompson Arena|
2Athletic Director: Josie Harper