Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These events occured in 1998 in the world of hockey:
- For the first time, professional players from the National Hockey League participate in the Winter Olympics. And also for the first time in Olympic history, women took part in ice hockey.
- Women's Gold – United States won 3–1 over Canada
- Men's Gold – Czech Republic won 1–0 over Russia
- Art Ross Memorial Trophy as the NHL's leading scorer during the regular season: Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Hart Memorial Trophy – for the NHL's Most Valuable Player: Dominik Hasek – Buffalo Sabres
- Stanley Cup – Detroit Red Wings defeated the Washington Capitals 4 games to 0.
- World Hockey Championship
- Men's champion: Sweden defeated Finland
- Junior Men's champion: Russia defeated Canada
- May 20th: The Hampton Roads Admirals win the Kelly Cup by defeating the Pensacola Ice Pilots 4 games to 2 in the Kelly Cup finals. It was Hampton Roads first Kelly Cup and third ECHL Championship.