The 1997 Mowat Cup was a series played between the winner of the British Columbia Hockey League and the Rocky Mountain Junior Hockey League to determine the British Columbia Junior A Champion and the BC seed to the Doyle Cup.
- South Surrey Eagles (1996-97 BCHL Season champions)
- Cranbrook Colts (1996-97 RMJHL Season champions)
- South Surrey Eagles defeated Cranbrook Colts 3-games-to-none
- 11/04/1997 - Cranbrook 2 @ South Surrey 7
- 12/04/1997 - Cranbrook 1 @ South Surrey 6
- 16/04/1997 - South Surrey 8 @ Cranbrook 3