|1992 CCHA Men's Ice Hockey Tournament|
|Dates||March 13–21, 1992|
|Finals site|| Joe Louis Arena|
|Champions||Lake Superior State (2nd title)|
|Winning coach||Jeff Jackson (2nd title)|
|MVP||Darrin Madeley (Lake Superior State)|
| CCHA Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The 1992 CCHA Men's Ice Hockey Tournament was the 21st CCHA Men's Ice Hockey Tournament. It was played between March 13 and March 21, 1992. First round games were played at campus sites, while 'final four' games were played at Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan. By winning the tournament, Lake Superior State received the Central Collegiate Hockey Association's automatic bid to the 1992 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
The tournament featured three rounds of play. The team that finished below eighth place in the standings was not eligible for postseason play. In the quarterfinals, the first and eighth seeds, the second and seventh seeds, the third seed and sixth seeds and the fourth seed and fifth seeds played a best-of-three series, with the winners advancing to the semifinals. In the semifinals, the remaining highest and lowest seeds and second highest and second lowest seeds play a single-game, with the winners advancing to the finals. The tournament champion receives an automatic bid to the 1992 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
Note: GP = Games Played; W = Wins; L = Losses; T = Ties; PTS = Points; GF = Goals For; GA = Goals Against
|Lake Superior State*||32||20||8||4||44||141||78||43||30||9||4||203||100|
|Championship: Lake Superior State|
† indicates conference regular season champion
* indicates conference tournament champion
Final rankings: USA Today/American Hockey Magazine Coaches Poll Top 10 Poll
|2||Lake Superior State||3||9||–|
|2||Lake Superior State||3|
|4||Western Michigan||1||3||–||2||Lake Superior State||5|
|5||Miami||3||4*||–||3||Michigan State||3||3||Michigan State||8|
Note: * denotes overtime period(s)
(1) Michigan vs. (8) Ohio StateEdit
|Michigan||4 – 2||Ohio State||Yost Ice Arena|
|Michigan||9 – 4||Ohio State||Yost Ice Arena|
|Michigan won series 2–0|
(2) Lake Superior State vs. (7) Illinois–ChicagoEdit
|Lake Superior State||3 – 1||Illinois–Chicago||Taffy Abel Arena|
|Lake Superior State||9 – 2||Illinois–Chicago||Taffy Abel Arena|
|Lake Superior State won series 2–0|
(3) Michigan State vs. (6) Ferris StateEdit
|Michigan State||5 – 2||Ferris State||Munn Ice Arena|
|Michigan State||4 – 1||Ferris State||Munn Ice Arena|
|Michigan State won series 2–0|
(4) Western Michigan vs. (5) MiamiEdit
|Western Michigan||1 – 3||Miami||Lawson Arena|
|Western Michigan||3 – 4||OT||Miami||Lawson Arena|
|Miami won series 2–0|
(1) Michigan vs. (5) MiamiEdit
|March 19||Michigan||6 – 2||Miami||Joe Louis Arena|
(2) Lake Superior State vs. (3) Michigan StateEdit
|March 19||Lake Superior State||5 – 3||Michigan State||Joe Louis Arena|
(3) Michigan State vs. (3) MiamiEdit
|March 21||Michigan State||8 – 5||Miami||Joe Louis Arena|
(1) Michigan vs. (2) Lake Superior StateEdit
|March 21||Michigan||1 – 3||Lake Superior State||Joe Louis Arena|
- F Dwayne Norris (Michigan State)
- F Brian Wiseman (Michigan)
- F Brian Rolston (Lake Superior State)
- D Pat Neaton (Michigan)
- D Tim Hanley (Lake Superior State)
- G Darrin Madeley* (Lake Superior State)
- ↑ "Lake Superior Men's Team History". Retrieved on 2014-04-23.
- ↑ "Jeff Jackson Year-by-Year Coaching Record". Retrieved on 2014-04-23.
- ↑ "CCHA Tournament MVP", eliteprospects.com. Retrieved on 2014-04-23.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "2012-13 CCHA Media Guide", ISSUU.com. Retrieved on 2014-04-23.
- ↑ "CCHA Awards", College Hockey Historical Archive. Retrieved on 2014-04-23.
|1992 NCAA Division I men's ice hockey tournaments|