This is the 1990 Hockey East Tournament.
All eight teams qualified for the tournament. The quarterfinals were a best of three series with sudden death semifinal and final rounds. The championshiip was held at the Conte Forum on the campus of Boston College, in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.
- Boston College defeated Merrimack, two games to one, 3-1, 3-6, 8-5
- Maine defeated Lowell, two games to none, 7-3, 16-0
- Boston University defeated Northeastern, two games to one, 3-4, 5-2, 5-3
- New Hampshire defeated Providence, two games to one, 1-5, 2-0, 7-4
- Maine defeated Boston University, 3 to 1
- Boston College defeated New Hampshire 6 to 5 in overtime
- Boston College defeated Maine 4 to 3
Boston College earned the conference's automatic bid to the 1990 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
- Scott LaGrand, Boston College