This is the 1989 Hockey East Tournament.
The top six teams qualified for the post season tournament, which was a single elimination knockout style. The top tow seeds drew a bye to the semifinals. The semifinals and finals were held at Boston College. The Tournament winner received the conference's automatic bid to the 1989 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament.
- 4 Providence defeated #5 Boston University 3 to 2
- 3 Northeastern defeated #6 New Hampshire 5 to 4 in overtime
- 1 Boston College defeated #3 Providence 6 to 5 in double overtime
- 2 Maine defeated #3 Northeaster 3 to 2 in double overtime
- 4 Providence defeated #3 Northeastern 3 to 2
- 2 Maine defeated Boston College 5 to 4
- Bob Beers, Maine