Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the 1988 NCAA Division III Men's Hockey Championship. This is the fifth time the event was held.
The tournament format was changed to having all three rounds be a best of three with a one period mini-game following game two if the series was tied 1 game each. This would remain the format until the 1990 tournament. The third place game (until 1991) , the selection of a Most Outstanding Player (1988 only) and the naming of an All-Tournament Team (until 2009) were also abandoned.
In 1990 the appearance and statistics for Plattsburgh State (and its' players) were later vacated by the NCAA Committee on Infractions, due to violations of NCAA rules by the school's hockey program.
First Round (Best of three with mini game if tied after two games)Edit
- Elmira College defeated Oswego State two games to none (6-3, 10-2)
- Babson College defeated Plattsburgh State two games to one (5-2, 2-3, 1-0)
- Wisconsin-River Falls defeated Wisconsin-Stevens Point two games to none (6-5, 9-5)
- Bemidji State defeated St. Thomas two games to none (5-1, 3-1)
Semifinals (Best of three with mini game if tied after two games)Edit
- Elmira College defeated Babson College two games to one (3-4, 9-1, 2-1 (ot))
- Wisconsin-River Falls defeated Bemidji State two games to none (6-4, 5-3)
- not contested
Championship (Best of three with mini game if tied after two games)Edit
Most Outstanding PlayerEdit
- not selected