Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the 1986 Hockey East tournament.
All seven teams qualified for the tournament. The top seed earned a bye into the semifinals. The quarterfinal round was two games total goal, and the semifinal, championship, and consolation rounds were all single elimination. The quarterfinals were held on the teams rinks and the rest of the tournament was held at the Providence Civic Center (now Dunkin' Donuts Center) in Providence, Rhode Island
- 6 Lowell defeated #3 Northeastern 7 goals to 6 (4-2, 3-4)
- 2 Boston University defeated #7 New Hampshire 5 goals to 4 (1-1, 4-3)
- 4 Providence defeated #5 Maine 10 goals to 6 (5-4, 5-2)
- 2 Boston University defeated #4 Providence, 3 to 2
- 1 Boston College defeated #6 Lowell, 5 to 2
- 6 Lowell defeated #4 Providence 5 to 2
- 2 Boston University defeated #1 Boston College 9 to 4
Boston University earned the conference's automatic bid to the 1986 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament
- Peter Marshall, F, Boston University