This was the 1986-87 Atlantic Coast Hockey League season. This was the league's sixth and final season.
- The New York Slapshots found a home in Troy, New York. However, they would only last for six games before being folded by the league at an emergency league meeting on November 27, 1986.
- The league awarded a team to Asheville, North Carolina, but it would never play.
|Erie Golden Blades||57||28||27||2||250||246||58|
|Mohawk Valley Comets||57||23||31||3||260||292||49|
|3||Mohawk Valley Comets||3|
|2||Erie Golden Blades||2|
|3||Mohawk Valley Comets||4|
Merger with All-American Hockey League Edit
- The Mohawk Valley Comets folded after Utica got an AHL team, the Utica Devils.
- The Carolina Thunderbirds and Virginia Lancers joined the All-American Hockey League which had started play in 1986
- The Erie Golden Blades folded with the league.
External Links Edit
- Season 1986/87 on hockeydb.com
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 1986-87 ACHL season. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|