The 1982–83 British Hockey League season was the inaugural season of the British Hockey League.
The league was divided into three sections of five teams. Teams in section B played every team once at home and once away while teams in section A and C played teams in their own section four times and the teams from section B twice. Teams in section A did not play teams from section C. This meant that while section A and C teams played 26 games, section B teams played 28. Murrayfield, Glasgow, Durham, Crowtree and Richmond all had games voided.
*Murrayfield two games void, Glasgow one game void
*One game void
*One game void
English Semi FinalEdit
Section B Runner Up (Cleveland) vs Section A Winner (Altrincham)
- Cleveland Bombers 21-10 Altrincham Aces
- Altrincham Aces 5-4 Cleveland Bombers (Cleveland win 26-14 on aggregate)
In the English Final the winner of the semi final took on the winner of Section B in a best of three series. In games one and two, the winning side was awarded one point while the winner of game three was awarded two points. The overall winner qualified for the British final.
Section B Winner (Durham) vs English Semi Final Winner (Cleveland)
- Cleveland Bombers 3-10 Durham Wasps
- Durham Wasps 11-4 Cleveland Bombers
- Durham Wasps 8-2 Cleveland Bombers
Section A Winner (Dundee) vs Section A Runner Up (Murrayfield)
- Dundee Rockets 7-8 Murrayfield Racers
- Murrayfield Racers 1-5 Dundee Rockets (Dundee win 12-9 on aggregate)
The final was between the winner of the English and Scottish finals. It was a one off game played at Streatham Ice Rink.
- Dundee Rockets 6-2 Durham Wasps
- Chambers, Michael A. (ed.) (November 2000). Nottingham Panthers Statistical Guidebook 1946–2000. ISBN 0953939804.