These events occured in 1969 in the world of hockey:
- Art Ross Memorial Trophy as the NHL's leading scorer during the regular season: Phil Esposito, Boston Bruins
- Hart Memorial Trophy – for the NHL's Most Valuable Player: Phil Esposito, Boston Bruins
- Stanley Cup – Montreal Canadiens won 4 games to 0 over the St. Louis Blues
- World Hockey Championship
- Men's champion: Soviet Union defeated Sweden
- NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship – University of Denver Pioneers defeat Cornell University Big Red 4-3 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Goalie Karen Koch is signed to a professional contract with the Marquette Iron Rangers to become the first woman to play professional hockey in North America, if not the world.