The 1958 Stanley Cup Final NHL championship series was contested by the defending champion Montreal Canadiens and the Boston Bruins in a rematch of the 1957 Final. The Canadiens would win the series 4–2, for their third straight Cup victory, and tenth in the team's history.
Team picture First Row - Jacques Plante, Henri Richard, Toe Black (Coach), Ken Readron (Vice President/Assistant General Manager), Maurice Richard(C), Senator Hartland D. Molson (President), Frank J. Selke (Vice President/General Manager), Dickie Moore, Gerry McNeil - 2nd Row - Camile DesRoches (Publicity Director), Floyd Curry(A), Doug Harvey(A), Dollard St. Laurent, Jean Believeau, Ab MacDonald, Tom Johnson(A), Albert Langlois, Boom Boom Geoffrion, Frank Selke Jr. (Publicity Director)- 3rd Row - Hector Dubois (Club Trainer), Marcel Bonin, Claude Provost, Jean-Guy Talbot, Bob Turner, Phil Goyotte, Andre Provonost, Connie Broden, Larry Ablut (Assistant Trainer). (Picture says Bert Olmstead is missing, but not Charlie Hodge who is also missing)
Paths to the FinalEdit
Rocket Richard, was the top goal scorer during the playoffs with 11. In game five, he notched his third final series overtime goal of his career and sixth playoff overtime goal of his career.
Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens
Montreal wins best-of-seven series 4 games to 2
Montreal Canadiens 1958 Stanley Cup championsEdit
- Hartland Molson (President/Owner), Ken Reardon (Vice President),
- Frank Selke Sr. (Manager), Hector Toe Blake (Coach)
- Hector Dubois (Trainer), Larry Aubut (Ass't Trainer)
- Camile DesRoches^, Frank Selke Jr.^ (Publicity Directors)
- ^- on the team picture, but missing from the Stanley Cup.
- Every player who was engraved on the Stanley Cup in 1957, also had their name put on the Stanley Cup in 1958. This is only time in NHL history. 4 more players were added to cup in 1958, who are not on the cup in 1957- Charlie Hodge, Ab MacDonald, Ken Mosdell, Albert Langlois. The only other change was in Ownership Hartland Molson took over running the Canadiens from William Northey, and Donat Raymond.
- 13 members of Montreal Canadiens 1958 team are members of Hockey Hall of Fame - Jean Belveau, Bernie Geoffrion, Doug Harvey, Thomas Johnson, Dickie Moore, Bert Olmstead, Jacque Plante, Henri Richard, Maurice Richard (Players) Hartland Molson, Ken Reardon, Frank Selke Sr., Toe Blake. (non players).
- NHL (2000). Total Stanley Cup. Dan Diamond & Associates.
- Podnieks, Andrew; Hockey Hall of Fame (2004). Lord Stanley's Cup. Triumph Books, 12, 50. ISBN 1–55168–261–3.
Stanley Cup Champions
| Succeeded by|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at 1958 Stanley Cup Finals. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|